Contact Clan Cunningham Society of America
High Commissioner & Chairman
Larry Augsbury has been the High Commissioner since his election on March 1, 2001. Larry has served on the Board of Directors since February 21, 1999 when he began serving in his first administrative office as the Deputy High Commissioner. He was subsequently elected National Secretary by the Board of Directors on August 1, 1999. Larry currently performs many additional administrative functions including Treasurer, Webmaster and Newsletter Editor & Publisher to which offices he was also elected by the CCSA membership. Larry's other volunteer service includes the Clans Chairman of the Elizabeth, CO Celtic Festival, and the past elected offices of Treasurer and President of the Colorado Tartan Day Council.
- Occupation: Controller of a corporate enterprise.
- Hobbies: Larry enjoys travel, photography, golf and most outdoor activities.
- Location: Larry resides in Westminster, Colorado with his two chocolate labrador retrievers, Kodiak and sister Zoe.
Deputy High Commissioner
Sheryl Sherer has been the Deputy High Commissioner and a Director since her appointment on March 11, 2001 and subsequent election by the membership on September 11, 2001. Sheryl currently performs a variety of functions for our society.
- Occupation: Dental Hygienist, for tooo many years!
- Hobbies: Sheryl enjoys gardening, interior decorating and hiking.
- Location: Sheryl resides in Broomfield, Colorado with Ed and pet mastif Izzy.
Wyoming State Commissioner
Lynn Cunningham has been our Wyoming State Commissioner since March 3, 2002 and will be representing Clan Cunningham at the Cheyenne Celtic music festival this June 30 and July 1, 2007. He has been a continuous member since 1999, frequently attending and co-hosting hospitality tents in Colorado with his wife Janet and family including Lesley, Amanda, and Forest. Lynn and Janet, and their family have marched in many a parade with Clan Cunningham. In the photo at left Lynn is in the Longs Peak festival parade which takes place down main street in Estes Park, Colorado. His walking stick has the Clan Cunningham strap-and-buckle crest badge carved into it by his son and local artist and sculptor, L. Forest Cunningham.
- Occupation: Lynn is retired from the U.S. Geological Survey as a cartographer, as well as from his upholstery business.
- Hobbies: Lynn enjoys travel (especially their trip to Peru and Machu Picchu), building, his cabin in the mountains which he built over 14 years ago, and reading.
- Location: Lynn and Janet reside in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Virginia State Commissioner
Bill Cunningham has been the CCSA Virginia State Commissioner since December 1, 2002 and represents the Clan at festivals in the mid-Atlantic area. An Army brat, he has lived in Europe and the Pacific rim for over 20 years. He served in Vietnam as an intelligence officer and commanded a company in the Mobile Riverine Force during the Tet Offensive. He went into Civil Service and was a Senior Education Specialist for over 25 years with the Army's Training and Doctrine Command, serving in the office that provided oversight of the Army's 27 schools. He retired in 2003 with most of his faculties intact and is trying to catch up on a ten year reading backlog.
- Occupation: Retired from a distinguished military career and Army Instructor.
- Hobbies: Bill enjoys Scottish and military history, and genealogy.
- Location: Bill resides in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Colorado State Commissioner
Since 1999 Larry Augsbury and Michael Tibbedeaux have served as Colorado State Commissioners and represented our society at festivals in Colorado. During that time our Colorado Commissioners have been very active in our society hosting hospitality tents, organizing summer camping trips, mountain climbing day-trips, kilted golf tournaments and social gatherings like St Andrews functions, Burns Suppers, barbeques, holiday parties, dinner theaters and plays like Spamalot.
This fun tradition will continue with Larry Augsbury as interim Colorado Commissioner. If you would like to assist Larry, and serve as Co-Colorado Commissioner, Vice-Commissioner, Secretary, or Treasurer, replace Larry as our next Colorado Commissioner, or just volunteer your ideas and help, please contact us at email@example.com. If you fit the bill below, we're waiting to hear from you.
- Occupation: Volunteer.
- Hobbies: Willing and able to devote a fraction of your time to your heritage, and the people with whom you share it.
- Location: Colorado.
Texas State Commissioner
Denise Stana has been the CCSA Texas State Commissioner since April 30, 2005 and represents the Clan at festivals in Texas. She has been hosting a Clan Cunningham hospitality tent at the Arlington games since 2005. She also hosted a fabulous holiday gathering at her home last year which she intends to be an annual event.
- Occupation: Denise is a Director of Sales, with a primary focus on "Ethics and Compliance." Her secondary occupation is catering to their 5 year old Yorkshire Terrier, Lucia Lady Luck, aka “Lucy Belle.”
- Hobbies: Denise enjoys reading, traveling and outdoor sports. She has also devoted the past 2 years working with her recently deceased uncle on the Cunningham family genealogy. The book is close to completion and documents the Cunningham family that has resided in Southwestern Pennsylvania since the mid 1700’s.
- Location: Denise and family reside in Frisco, Texas.
Michigan State Commissioner
Ron Cunningham, at left with brother Jerry at Cunningham's Bar in St. Malo, France, a current member since 2000, has been our Michigan State Commissioner since March 8, 2006 and represents Clan Cunningham in Michigan. Ron is semi-retired after 35 years as a marketing and sales professional. He is a veteran of the U.S. Army Signal Corps. Ron is active in his community and has held several administrative leadership positions in his career as well as at a variety of local organizations. Ron is also a member of the St. Andrews Society of Detroit.
- Occupation: Semi-retired, Ron still works part-time as a substitute teacher in the Royal Oak MI, school district.
- Hobbies: Ron enjoys travel. In fact he just returned from a visit to the Cunningham-built Château de Cherveux in France, and the District of Cunningham in Scotland.
- Location: Ron resides in Hazel Park, Michigan.